My True Love Gave to me a…
Eleven Pipers Piping:
“Eleven Pipers Piping” = The Eleven Faithful Apostles who are Simon, Peter, Andrew, James, John, Philip, Bartholomew, Matthew, Thomas, James bar Alphaeus, Simon the Zealot, Judas bar James.
Twelve Drummers Drumming:
“Twelve Drummers Drumming” = The twelve points of doctrine in the Apostles’ Creed.
1. I believe in God, the Father Almighty, Creator of heaven and earth,
2. And in Jesus Christ, his only begotten Son, our Lord,
3. Who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary,
4. Suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, dead and buried; He descended into hell.
5. The third day he rose again from the dead;
6. He ascended into heaven, and sits at the right hand of God the Father Almighty.
7. From there he shall come to judge the quick and the dead.
8. I believe in the Holy Spirit,
9. I believe in the holy catholic church, the communion of saints,
10. The forgiveness of sins,
11. The resurrection of the body,
12. And the life everlasting. Amen.
*Note: I wanted to take the time to call out that there are key differences in the Apostles’ Creed depending on your religious beliefs. I do, however encourage everyone to dig a bit deeper into your own religious views so you can have a better understanding on where you and your religion stand on the Apostles’ Creed.
Happy Holiday Season to everyone, I hope it was a festive time of year for all.